Conditions of Hire of Facilities at All Saints’ Church, All Saints’ Road, Pittville.
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) is pleased to make this facility available to the community and, in order to have a good neighbour policy, needs to lay down some rules and guidelines for its use.
For the purpose of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean the person who signs the hire agreement, be it an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative, whereby, written authority is required from the represented organisation.
- Lettings will not be authorised, or able to commence, until the Team Office has received the attached booking form and requisite deposit.
- A non refundable deposit of 20% payable upon a confirmed booking is required. The balance being due not less than 28 days before the proposed event. Electronic account transfer is preferred, details from the Treasurer upon request.
- Short notice or last minute bookings made 56 days or less before the proposed event date will require payment in full upon booking.
- A temporary booking may be made for a period of 7 days, after which time, a confirmed booking must be made with payment of the deposit. Failure to confirm the booking will result in it being cancelled without further notice.
- In the event of full payment not being made by the requisite date, the booking will be cancelled without further notice.
- The PCC will not undertake to issue reminders to hirers of balances due. It is the sole responsibility of the hirer to pay the balance on time.
- Notification of cancellation must be given, where practicable, not less than 28 days before the proposed event. In the event of cancellation being unavoidable due to exceptional or unforeseen circumstances, within 28 days of the proposed event, consideration will be given on a case-by-case basis, for a full or partial refund of the balance paid.
The PCC will make every effort to re-accommodate a booking should a postponement be required.
g If in the event of the PCC having to cancel a booking due to unforeseen circumstances, other than
item ‘d’ above, a full refund of deposit and balance, if paid, will be made, or an alternative date offered.
- The PCC will not authorise activities that, in its opinion, are, or appear to be, incompatible with Christian Principals, or may be likely to cause undue nuisance to neighbours.
- The hirer shall not use the facilities for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and on the booking form and, shall not sub-hire or use the facility or allow it to be used for any unlawful purpose, or in any unlawful way, nor do anything, or bring into the facility, anything which may endanger the same or render any insurance policies invalid.
- The hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be required from the Performing Rights Society, from Phonographic Performance Limited or otherwise and, for the observance of the same. The hirer shall ensure that nothing is done in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- Neither the PCC nor All Saints’ Church holds a license to sell alcoholic beverages. The hirer may not therefore, supply to the public, in any way, any alcoholic liquor unless they have both a Temporary Event Notice Licence from the local authority for the facility for the duration of the event under the terms of the Licensing Act 2003 and, the permission of the PCC (please note that ‘supply’ includes alcohol offered free of charge when admission to the event is charged and when alcohol is sold when admission to the event is free, alcohol supplied by requests for donations is also deemed as a means of sale under the licensing act 2003). NO alcohol is to be stored on the premises prior to, or after an event.
- Activities involving children or young persons under the age of 18 shall be under the strict supervision of responsible adults. In this case by signing the booking form, the hirer confirms that they are familiar with the Home Office document ‘ Safe from Harm’, have an understanding of it and undertake to follow the code of practice contained therein.
- The hire does not entitle the hirer to access to the facility at any other time than agreed, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Team Office.
- The PCC reserves the right to enter the building at any time and, in the event of disorder or breach of the terms and conditions, to close down proceedings immediately.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to follow all instructions concerning locking & unlocking of the building
- All rubbish is to be cleared away and the premises left clean and tidy. Any extra cleaning required will be charged and future bookings may be refused.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure all relevant and necessary insurances are in place and all Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to.
Whilst every care is taken to provide a safe, secure and comfortable environment for the hirer, the PCC cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or injury incurred during event organised by the hirer.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure no loss or damage should occur to the building contents, fittings or fabric. Any such loss arising from an event must be reported to the Team Office as soon as is practicable and must be paid for by the hirer.
All breakages of crockery and glassware must be paid for immediately.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure all users / attendees, are familiar with the locations of the fire exits and Fire Evacuation Procedures.
- The Facility is a non-smoking site, including the Church Car Park and precincts.
- No animals (other than guide dogs) are permitted without prior permission.
- The hirer is responsible for the supervision and control of children and young people during the hire period and the conduct of all persons present.
- No electrical equipment or extensions that are not part of, or supplied by the facility may be used without prior permission.
- No decoration, notice or advertising material may be displayed inside or out without prior permission
- The building is situated in a residential area. Please take care not to disturb neighbours after 10pm, during the course of the hire or on leaving the premises.
The PCC reserves the right to cancel or deny any further hire of the facilities to the hirer, if any of these terms and conditions and / or rules is infringed.
Under items 4 & 5 of the conditions of hire, licensable activities are: Sale & Supply of Alcohol; Performance of Dance; Performance of Live Music; Performance of Recorded Music; Provision of facilities for Making Music; Performance of a Play; Provision of facilities for Dancing.
Fire Evacuation Procedure
Instructions for those on charge of an activity in the Church
- Please understand that YOU must take a lead role to initiate a safe and speedy exit.
- Ensure that the Emergency Services are called, giving the postcode
- It is your responsibility to be familiar with the emergency exits and evacuation procedure (attached herewith)
- DO NOT ‘fight’ a fire, or attempt to do so, until evacuation is complete, and THEN ONLY if you have familiarised yourself with the nature of the fire and the appropriate extinguisher or method to be used and THEN ONLY if it is safe to do so.
DO NOT PUT YOURSELF OR OTHERS AT RISK. If in doubt WAIT FOR THE FIRE SERVICE!