OUR BUILDING     

 

Home

 

All Saints Church is one of four churches in Cheltenham  designed by John Middleton.

The church was dedicated in 1868.  Middleton's original design included a tower with a large spire, but although building and adornment of the interior continued for many years; the gable roof to the bell-tower was not finally completed  in 1992, but without the spire the architect originally envisaged. The Church is a Grade 1* listed building

Lillian Ambler, a former parishioner of All Saints, prepared "A Short Guide to the Building" which was first published in 1980. She is commemorated by a plaque which marks the resting place of her ashes in the south wall of the Lady Chapel.

Web Search

This site last modified: Sunday, 31 May 2015 00:23